Dare To Be Yourself
It’s Always Better To Be Yourself
Are you comfortable being yourself in all situations? If you’re like most people, you’re 90% yourself when you’re with close friends, 50% yourself with casual acquaintances, and hide yourself from strangers. Being your true self in all settings and situations is scary, but ultimately empowering and relaxing. Imagine the relief you’ll experience.
You no longer have to worry about the perceptions of others. You can just be yourself and feel satisfied with that.
Be Yourself And Take Back Control Of Your Life:
1. Meditate. Meditation quiets the part of you that judges and labels everything around you. Gain some insight into the real you by meditating regularly.
2. Tell the truth. When you’re truthful, you reveal yourself. Be honest about your mistakes and shortcomings.
3. Be unique. The true you isn’t exactly like everyone else. What music do you listen to when you’re alone? How do you dress? Do you keep the unique parts to yourself or are you willing to share them with the world?
4. Notice your crutches and get rid of them. Rocky road ice cream? Mindless internet surfing? A double vanilla café latte? Using crutches to deal with boredom, anxiety or uncertainty is blocking you from seeing the truth.
• What is the purpose of a particular crutch? Stop using it and see for yourself.
5. Examine the areas in your life that feel inauthentic. When and where do you feel like you’re lacking authenticity? Often it will be during interactions with strangers, first dates, new social experiences, and more formal occasions.
• A lack of authenticity can also occur when you spend time with your parents and siblings. They just don’t seem to want you to change, so you fall back into your old roles.
• Think about the times you’re inauthentic and ask yourself why.
One of the main causes of people not being able to be authentic is a lack of confidence. Luckily, building confidence is rather easy, especially when you have the right tools to help you. Click below to get a confidence building meditation as a free gift.