Self-Awareness Is Very Important
What is self-awareness? The dictionary defines self-awareness as “knowledge and awareness of your own personality or character.”
When you’re self-aware, you have an accurate and clear understanding of your personality, strengths, weaknesses, and beliefs.
You know what makes you tick. Self-awareness also includes an understanding of how others perceive you.
Lacking self-awareness can lead to a very confusing and frustrating life!
Your Level Of Self-Awareness Can Influence Your Relationships, Career, And Happiness:
1. Self-awareness is necessary for taking control of your life. The direction of your life is determined by your thoughts, beliefs, emotions, and reactions. Self-awareness is the principle way of understanding and manipulating these things.
• Self-awareness highlights faulty beliefs and emotional reactions that stand in your way and gives you the power to make adjustments.
2. Self-awareness illuminates the real reasons for past failures and challenges. We often dismiss our failures as bad luck or a lack of proper timing. It’s much more likely that you failed to perceive the situation, others, and yourself accurately.
It’s much easier to see the reason behind relationship, work, and other struggles when you can look at yourself clearly.
• Do you consistently struggle at work or in your relationships? It’s only logical to conclude that you’re doing something ineffectively.
• Those who lack self-awareness are puzzled by their negative outcomes or blame others exclusively.
3. Self-awareness is a critical quality for leaders. One study concluded that a high degree of self-awareness was the best predictor of success for executives.
• Executives that have an understanding of their weaknesses are able to build a team composed of members that fill those weaknesses.
• A lack of self-awareness puts a limit on your leadership abilities.
Self-awareness is the foundation for personal progress. Without it, any personal development efforts will be severely hampered. Building greater self-awareness won’t happen overnight, but it can be developed.
One tool that many people use to boost their level of self-awareness is meditation. Believe it or not, meditations are quite simple to do and produce great results. Click below to get some great meditations as a free gift.