The Amazing Healing Benefits Of Laughter
My grandpa always used to say you can’t survive in life unless you have a good sense of humor. He was always telling jokes and anecdotal stories that were quite entertaining. He lived with us for a while when I was a teenager and he would tell jokes at the breakfast table. I have never been a morning person so I would sit in a stupor wondering how any one could tell jokes that early in the morning.
I wish this part of his genetics had been passed on to me because I tend to be too serious and stressed most of the time. This, as you know, is very detrimental to your health. There have been numerous studies on how humor and laughter can affect your health.
Laughter actually induces physical changes in your body. There are short-term and long-term benefits from it. It stimulates your organs, relieves stress and tension, can improve your immune system and relieve pain. It triggers the release of endorphins, which promotes an overall sense of well-being. Making sure you bring more humor and laughter into your life every day can really have a positive affect on you. This is actually a wonderful way to improve relationships and your work life too.
Humor Can Improve Your Work-life
Things You Can Do To Have A Good Laugh Every Day
- Post funny photos near your workspace.
- Have a funny movie collection that you can tap into whenever you need it
- Play with a pet
- Make time for fun activities
- Host a fun game night with friends
- Ask people “What’s the funniest thing that’s happened to you?”
- Practice smiling many times a day
- Laugh at yourself
- Choose a computer screensaver that makes you laugh
- Surround yourself with happy, funny people
You will be surprised at what a difference it will make in your life.