Does Your Self-Image Help You Or Hold You Back?
It all starts with your self-image. A strong self-image provides the foundation for confidence, action, and persistence. If you don’t think highly of yourself, those qualities will be in short supply. It’s not easy to examine, challenge, and change one’s beliefs about themselves. But, it must be done to reach the highest levels of success.
Not only will you experience more success, but you’ll also feel better about yourself. All aspects of your life are affected.
Enhance The Way You View Yourself And Enjoy Greater Success:
1. Figure out what’s standing in the way. What beliefs and recurring thoughts do you have that are limiting or tarnishing your self-image? Make a list of all your limiting and negative beliefs, and then prioritize the list. Work with the 10 most damaging. A few examples include:
• I’ll never be good with money.
• I’m not good at making friends.
• People don’t like me.
• I just can’t lose weight.
• I don’t have any self-control.
• I’m horrible at math and science.
• I’m stuck in this career for the rest of my life.
• It’s too late to change my life.
2. Attack each belief individually. Use everything at your disposal. Imagine you have the negative belief, “I’ll never be good with money.”
• The statement is ridiculous. Anyone can be good with money if they know the “rules” of personal finance. You’ve also mastered plenty of other things you weren’t naturally good at, like riding a bike, speaking English, walking, making coffee, and playing tennis. Most of those things are more challenging than handling money well.
Instead of thinking negatively about yourself, begin a journey of deliberate discovery and determine exactly what it is that you want from life. Click below to begin your free journey of deliberate discovery.