Do You Have A Positive Self-Image?
Your self-image is your perception of yourself. You might think of yourself as intelligent, lazy, bad with money, likeable, and eccentric. Your beliefs about yourself can be liberating or constricting.
Your self-image can influence your decisions and limit your ability to succeed.
For example, if you believe that you’re bad at speaking with strangers, you may avoid social situations that include people you don’t know. As a result, you might miss out on your biggest opportunity to meet the love of your life, a recruiter for your dream job, or a life-long friend.
Change Your Self-Image And Enhance Your Life With These Techniques:
1. Address your bad habits. No one is perfect. If you’re being completely honest, there are things about you that could use a little work. Shore up your shortcomings. Get in shape, practice being more patient, or be a better friend.
• Focus on making progress. Perfection is an unreasonable goal.
2. Make a list of your good points. Do this in the morning and the evening. Make a long list and then add at least one item each morning and evening. Remind yourself of all the things you’re already good at. What do you appreciate about yourself? Review the list regularly and notice how good you feel.
3. Live by your morals. You have your own opinion about what’s right and wrong. If you can live according to your values, how can you feel bad about yourself? It’s only when we stray that we feel guilty or displeased with ourselves.
• Make a list of the behaviors you’ll no longer accept from yourself.
• How do you think a person should behave? What qualities are most important to you? Set standards for yourself that you refuse to violate.
4. Spend time each week helping others. Volunteer or help a neighbor. Do something for someone else without receiving anything in return. Your self-image will improve considerably by this one strategy alone.
• There are websites that list the volunteer opportunities in every city. Find your community’s listings and make a positive difference in someone’s life. You’ll benefit as much as they do.
It’s easier to help others when you help yourself first. The more at ease we are, the easier it becomes to tackle tough tasks such as helping other people. Creating inner-peace can be simple. As a matter fact. it can be achieved by something as a simple as a meditations sessions. Click below to get some great meditations as a free gift.