Life Is Full Of Lessons, Keep Learning
If you stopped thinking about your education on graduation day, think again. Continuous learning is a lifelong adventure that enriches your personal and professional life.
Of course, even if you loved school, you may think it’s going to be tough to fit another project into your busy schedule. Fortunately, there are many easy ways to gain knowledge, expand your skills, and deepen your wisdom without having to drop what you’re doing already. Consider these ideas for bringing out the student in you.
Continuous Learning In The Workplace
Staying up to date increases your financial security and helps you to enjoy more job satisfaction. Advance your career by becoming a more valuable asset to any employer.
1. Participate in training. It’s usually worth your while to accept any training offered at work. Your employer may even cover the costs.
2. Register for online courses. If training opportunities are limited at your office, you can still find plenty of choices online. Check out free and low-cost sites like Udemy and Coursera.
3. Shadow other employees. Reach out to your colleagues. Pick someone whose work you find interesting and let them know that you’d like to find out more about what they do. Complete some research in advance so you’ll be prepared to pitch in, and remember to thank your host when you’re done.
4. Invite feedback. Pay attention to what your boss and coworkers say about your performance. Talk about your goals and be direct about asking for input.
5. Write an article. Develop your expertise by writing about your field. You may want to contribute to your company’s blog or publish your own book. You’ll discover new facts and insights as you research your topic and organize your thoughts.
6. Train others. Teaching is one of the most effective forms of learning. Volunteer to mentor a summer intern. Ask your boss about scheduling a morning session to share your experiences at your last conference. You may start a trend.
Confidence is important when it comes to being able to train and teach others. The more confident you are, the more receptive to your lessons others will be. If your confidence could use some boosting, click below to get a great confidence boosting meditation as a free gift.