Don’t Let Fear Hold You Back
Fear is the biggest roadblock to success.
Fear is a constant companion if you’re attempting to grow and achieve.
The most successful people are often those that manage fear most effectively. Those that manage fear poorly are often the least successful. Learning to push beyond fear is a valuable skill that greatly increases your odds of success.
Conquer Your Fear And Achieve Success:
1. Control your thoughts. It’s possible to think about anything you choose. The best way to stress yourself is to think about stressful things. You’re not more effective when you’re afraid. You’re less. That doesn’t mean you should bury your head in the sand, but put yourself in a frame of mind that makes you most able to deal with the situation.
2. Consider the worst. Take a moment to consider the worst likely outcome. Can you handle it? Can you maneuver in a way that makes the worst outcome manageable? If you know you can handle the worst, there’s no reason to be afraid.
• Be prepared for the worst and you’ll find it rarely occurs.
3. Breathe. Focus on your breath and slow your mind. Your mind will take reality and run wild with it. Focusing on your breath will calm your mind, and reality remains. When stress is at your doorstep, just stop and breathe.
A great thing to combine with breathing exercises is solfeggio meditations. Get yours as a free gift below and experience the amazing benefits these meditations have to offer.
4. Imagine a positive outcome. Raise the level of your expectations. Your fear will melt away if you expect something positive to happen. Create a future that you find exciting and visualize your fear away.
• Repeat this exercise several times a day. Eventually, you’ll begin to believe it.
5. Exercise. Physical exertion is an excellent way to burn away your fear. It’s hard feel afraid when you’re exhausted
• Go for a quick run, a long walk, or lift weights. When you’re pleasantly out of breath, you’ll find your fear has lessened.
6. Get support. Talk to friend or a mentor. Be choosy! Some of your friends and family are more supportive than others. Find someone going through the same thing and console each other. Online forums can be helpful, and you can remain anonymous.
7. Understand that change and fear go hand in hand. There’s a reason to be excited when you’re afraid: It’s very possible that you’re at the beginning of a great change in your life.
• Nothing seems to change when you’re comfortable 100% of the time. Be excited that you’re doing something that creates feelings of fear. Your life may be about to change for the better.
8. Make a list of the benefits of moving forward. Create a long list of the positive results that could result from being brave. Give yourself several reasons to motivate yourself. For example, if you’re starting a new business:
• Create a greater income.
• Do something you love.
• Finally realize your dream of being an entrepreneur.
• Not to mention you’ll have the amazing experience of overcoming your fear!
9. Do it anyway. Fear is a lousy reason for not doing something. It’s not a good excuse, though it is a socially acceptable one. Be brave and resolve to do the thing you fear. It will be easier the next time. Build your tolerance to fear by facing fear daily.
Do you allow fear to determine your actions? Fear is a self-imposed roadblock on the path to progress. Developing the skill to handle fear appropriately is necessary to move forward in any aspect of life. When you feel fear, you’re on the verge of making a significant change in your life. Get excited!