Create A Bucket List That Makes Life Worthwhile
How many things have you done in the last five years that you consider to be meaningful?
You can bet that you’ll have even more meaningful experiences over the next five years if you create a bucket list.
You might consider a bucket list to be silly or something that older people do, but it’s never too soon to start examining your life and prioritizing your time.
Create A Bucket List That Fills You With Enthusiasm:
1. Start with childhood. You had a lot of great ideas when you were a child. You’ve forgotten many of them or dismiss them as silly childhood dreams. Now is the time to dust them off and reconsider. What did you want to do and see as a child?
2. Check out other bucket lists on the internet. You’ll be amazed at some of the things you’ll find that you’ve never considered. Get inspiration from others.
3. Brainstorm. Take an evening to work on your list. Turn off all your electronic devices and allow your imagination to run wild. Write down everything that comes to mind without judging it. You can evaluate your list at another time. It might be easier to come up with ideas if you consider particular categories one at a time.
• Travel. Where have you always wanted to visit? Consider places near and far. Maybe there’s a famous burger joint in the next town or a state park you’d like to visit. Remember that the world is big, but largely accessible. In one day, you can find yourself anywhere on Earth.
• Sports. Have you ever wanted to try hang gliding or learn how to ice skate backwards? Run a marathon or try deep sea diving?
• Adventure. Ride a camel across the desert? Fly in a helicopter? Try your hand at zip lining? Ride across the US or Canada on a motorcycle? Swim with dolphins?
• Events. Maybe you’ve always wanted to attend a Super Bowl or watch the Rolling Stones live. Do you have a favorite comedian you’d like to see? Watch the northern lights? Watch a famous opera or ballet?
• Creativity. Write a book or song? Learn to play the banjo? Take salsa dance lessons?
• These are just a few ideas. What other categories come to mind?
If you find that you have a hard time brainstorming new ideas, the process will likely be a lot easier if you calm your mind. Luckily, this can easily be achieved with the use of meditation. Click below to get a great meditation as a free gift.