Each Person Has A Unique Definition Of Success
To many, success is obvious. It’s a life that includes a nice car, fine home, impressive job, and attractive spouse. Yet, people with all of these things aren’t any happier than those with less impressive lives.
It’s because all of those achievements only serve to impress others. They do little to enhance the quality of your life.
Those with large homes still spend 80% of their time in just a couple of rooms. A $20,000 car provides just as reliable transportation as an $80,000 car. Even the most attractive people can become tiresome after a short period of time.
Success in the western world is too focused on showing off to your friends, family, and neighbors. It doesn’t focus on what will make you happy. You can’t find happiness by trying to impress others. You only show yourself that your own interests aren’t important.
Redefine Success With Your Own Definition:
1. What is your passion? If you can determine the central focus of your life, everything else becomes much easier to determine. Do you want to write a great novel? Focus the next 25 years on creating and raising a family? Explore the world? Explore yourself?
2. Career. What do you like to do? Most people consider money first, but what would you like to spend eight hours per day doing for 40+ years? Of course, you’ll need to make enough money to pay your bills and pursue your passion.
• Let’s assume that your passion is writing. Your career choice should support your interest in writing. That means your income is sufficient to be fully engaged in your writing activities. You might even consider a career related to writing, such as an editor.
3. Home. Your choice of living accommodations can also support your passion or be an obstacle. A home that is too big can require too much of your time to maintain or require too many financial resources relative to your income. You might also have to hire staff or a housekeeping service to help. Managing those people is a drain on your time and focus.
• Do you need to live in the city, country, or suburbs to support what you truly desire? How many bedrooms would be ideal?
Believe it or not, you can be comfortable just about anywhere when you are comfortable with yourself. If you would like to become more comfortable with yourself, you may want to consider giving meditation a try. Click below to get an amazing meditation as a free gift.