Is Stress Controlling Your Life?
You’re stressed. A 10-day tropical vacation might be just what the doctor ordered. Unfortunately, you’re out of vacation time, and your bank account is a little light.
Luckily, you can de-stress yourself quickly and effectively. You won’t need a passport or a healthy bank account.
Stress isn’t only damaging to your mental state. It can harm your health, too. Avoid driving yourself through your discomfort. Address it directly Learning to soothe your stress, effectively and by yourself, is an important skill. It’s a skill that can be applied throughout life.
Let Go Of Your Stress And Enjoy Life More Fully:
1. Drink black tea. Black tea has been shown to lower cortisol levels and increase feelings of relaxation.
2. Get religious. Those that attend religious services regularly often report doing so for the stress relief it provides. A study with college students showed that students who attend church had lower levels of stress.
3. Exercise. Use up that extra energy and enjoy the post-exercise endorphin rush.
4. Distract yourself for a few minutes. It might not solve your troubles, but surfing the internet or calling a friend for a few minutes can provide a little relief. Keep track of the time so you don’t get behind schedule.
5. Breathe deeply. Deep breathing can temporarily lower blood pressure and increase your sense of well-being.
6. Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, it’s easy to allow your imagination to wander to a happy place. Give yourself a needed break by imagining yourself at the beach or in another peaceful setting.
You can make this step even more powerful by combining it with meditation. Meditating is a great way to calm your mind, body and spirit which makes it a great tool to use to reduce stress. Click below to get a great meditation as a free gift.